This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Bulmer farm
- Located in the centre of a pretty village amid the picturesque Surrey Hills, the farm has a long flat tarmac drive way and large flat, gravel courtyard with parking for several cars. We have 5 bedrooms and two self-catering cottages, all located around the courtyard. Four rooms on the ground floor with just one or two entrance steps.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01306 731871 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The nearest railway station is Gomshall just three miles away. This is an unmanned station. Dorking is 6 miles and Guildford is 12 miles, both of which have mainline connections with taxis and buses readily available. The no. 21 bus runs from Guildford to Dorking via Holmbury st Mary every two hours during the day (not Sundays) the bus stop being at the end of our drive.
Car Parking and Arrival
- The main buildings are lit with downlighters which illuminate the doors and steps also throwing light across the parking area. Entrance doors are 85cms wide.
- Upon arrival guests are shown directly to their rooms which are equipped with Tea and coffee facilities.
- All the rooms are fully carpeted with green short pile carpet and tiles on the shower room floors. The bedroom ceiling lights are controlled via a switch by the main door. Bedside tables have table lights, and the shower rooms have ceiling spot lights. The front doors of the rooms are furnished with brass raised numbers for easy identification. Easy chairs and coffee tables are moveable to provide more floor space if needed. Of the 5 rooms three are double and two are twin bedded. One double and twin have an interconnecting door. One double room is on the first floor and also has a single bed. The neutral coloured pale walls contrast nicely with the darker carpet. The freestanding wardrobes have one fixed rail and hangers are provided. Beds are traditionally made up with linen sheets and blankets. We have a mix of feather and fibre pillows.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms & Toilets (Ensuite or Shared)
- Access to the en-suite shower rooms are level with an opening door of 70cms. The shower cubicle is raised by 25cm. The white suite comprises of a wc which is 45cms to the seat and a built in pedestal basin which is 85cm high. The basin sinks are of a lever type. The whole shower room is lit with ceiling spot lights, and has pale beige and ivory floor and wall tiles. Soft, fluffy cream coloured towels are provided in a bath sheet and towel size.
Public Areas - Halls, Stairs, Landings, Corridors
- The only public area is the main dining room described below.
- Guests are welcomed to the Dining Room of the main house for breakfast. Access is via a smaller inner courtyard over a York Stone path and a small threshold step. The level parquet flooring has one rug under the three dining tables. There is space to move around between the tables and we have a mixture of fabric and faux leather seated upright chairs. Two ceiling lights illuminate the room. A laden sideboard is available with cereal, fruit, yoghurts and juice for guests to serve themselves, meanwhile the freshly prepared tea, coffee, toast and cooked hot food is bought to the dark wooden tables and served on contrasting floral china.
- We do have energy efficient lighting and will be constantly improving on this. We allow dogs and have plenty of outside space for exercising etc.
- We have WiFi at the farm which is free for guests. There are plenty of good pubs and restaurants locally. Two within walking distance in the village that serve food 6 days per week.
- The nearest Hospital is at Guildford.
- Doctors surgeries are at Dorking and Shere, 6 and 4 miles away.
- Dentist surgeries are at Dorking.
- All of our accommodation has recently been refurbished and we strive to maintain and improve on the comfort of our guests.
- We will soon be refurbishing our 'laundry' room and this facility will be available for all to use.
Address: Bulmer farm, Holmbury St Mary. RH5 6LG
Telephone: 01306 731871